skip to main |
skip to sidebar
a tribute to my grandmother
My grandma passed away on tuesday, she was 84. Tonight I enjoyed going through boxes and boxes of old family photographs with my Dad, reflecting on her life, and finding out more tidbits about family history that I didn't know. There is something so strikingly beautiful about the nuances of pre 1960's snapshots that I love. These ones jumped out at me in the way that they capture my Grandmother as a young woman. I love these, a glimpse at a part of her life I never knew.
4 comments:
those are some very beautiful photographs. what is it about photos from that time that make them so much better than present day photos? is it the film, the color (or lack of), or just that carry us away into a time and a people we do not know?
i love you.
beautiful.
These are fantastic! I enjoyed looking at them at the funeral, but didn't really get a chance to go through all of them. Perhaps something about film allows the shooter to be more precise and more particular about the shot, knowing there are only 36 on a roll.
Did you scan all of the pics? If so, send them to me and I'll combine them with the ones I used and make CDs for everyone to have.
Beautiful grandma.
And more picture updates please!
Post a Comment